Here is a mini rant, because I’m to tired to complain for a long time. Earthlink fucking sux! Apparently the wireless dept. and the dialup dept. do not communicate at all. Yet, they are able to cancel and/or reactivate each other’s accounts. Here is the story in a nutshell:
- My company had ~50 dialup accounts with earthlink for field employees + 1 blackberry for boss.
- We canceled all dialup accounts because earthlink == expensive
- Earthlink dialup dept. canceled blackberry account because it was under the same customer number.
- I called to re-activate blackberry. They did it. They also reactivated ~50 dialup accounts along with it.
- I called in to cancel them again… We got credit on the account.
- Blackberry stopped working because the company which maintained the towers went out of business. We were forced to upgrade to a new model.
- Instead of upgrading the old account they created a brand new one. No one bothered to cancel the old blackberry account.
- We did a pin-swap on the blackberries (whatever that means) because the tech thought it was necessary.
- When we got billed for 2 blackberries we called back. They canceled the old account and credited the new one.
- Somehow the ~50 dialup accounts got reactivated under the old customer number.
- I called in, got them canceled and got our account credited (again).
- I’m waiting for the blackberry to stop working again… I’m willing to bet money that they will fuck this up again.
Boss is pissed, and I’m about ready to kill someone. Oh, and guess what – after fucking around with new accounts for two weeks, someone at Earthlink finally told me that we were entitled to a free no-hassle upgrade, without any fee. Of course the guy who I talked to about the tower issue was swearing up and down that the only thing they can offer me is a $99 blackberry + $25 activation thing. Great!
If that’s not enough, here’s some more goodies: transferring the phone number from Verizon to the new blackberry took them over a month. They had to re-start the process 5 times. First time Verizon blocked the transfer because they called the wrong person (bosses wife who didn’t know about anything) to verify the transfer. Second time the Earthlink phone drone simply did not bother to press submit on the request so the case was dead for few days till my next call. Third time they submitted it but the paperwork got stuck somewhere between earthlink and Verizon and they couldn’t figure out what happened to it or who was handling it. They decided to resubmit with high priority. Fourth time I called I found out that the last phone drone made a typo in the last name and Verizon told them to suck it :P Fifth time around the transfer went through…
Earthlink sux. If you are planning to get use their service, please reconsider. I virtually spent last few weeks on the phone with them. I’m not making this stuff up…