Come on people, this is serious!
Let me show you how the internet works. Right now it is set up like this:
- You pay for your own bandwidth (up and down) to an ISP
- Google pays for it’s own bandwidth
- NSP’s like AT&T and Verizon route the traffic regardless of where it is coming from
This setup works. But if AT&T, Verizon and palls have their way it will be set up this way:
- You pay for your bandwidth
- Google pays for its’ bandwidth
- Google pays AT&T for it’s traffic to have higher priority than yours
- Google pays Verizon for it’s traffic to have higher priority than yours
- Google pays [insert NSP name here] for it’s traffic to have higher priority than yours
- Google pays etc..
- If google does not pay the required price, it page will transferred so slowly most surfers will think the site is down
We need network neutrality. Tiered internet is bullshit!