Here is a roundup of the WTF news moments from the last few days. I divided them into categories for more coherence:
We Live in a Police State:
- Bush proposed a new bill according to which American citizens suspected of terrorism can be detained indefinitely, and barred from access to civilian courts
- House leadership invokes martial law forcing members to vote on some key bills without a chance to read them
- A guy gets arrested for taking a picture of a cop.
- Reporters are not allowed to talk to Katrina survivors unless a FEMA agent is present
- 12 year olds get arrested, fingerprinted and have their DNA taken because they were climbing a tree in a public park.
- Police is looking for the kids that performed stupid playground stunt and posted it on Youtube
- Man was arrested for videotaping a rude police officer on his home security camera
- Student protesters end up in Pentagon’s high threat terrorist organization database.
Civil liberties? Who needs them. We are sure doing great without them. Welcome to 1984.
While middle east is at war:
Our leaders are not going to let little things like war get in the way of their fun activities.
Strike of Irony
- Bush is nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.
So a guy who started two wars during his term, is considered a good candidate for a Peace Prize? I don’t know about you, but this makes no fucking sense to me at all!
- A guy breaks into McDonalds, punches a police dog, dumps milkshake on a cop and bites into a power cable electrocuting himself.
[tags]wtf, news, bush, nobel, peace prize, police, 1984, police state, civil liberties[/tags]