Happy International Hangover Day folks. And no, I’m not talking about the movie here. January 1st was an international hangover holiday since I can remember. That move is not even about new year celebration, so the fact the creators are trying to appropriate this day as their own is a bit disingenuous.
Anyways, it’s a holiday, we are probably all recuperating after New Year’s Eve celebration and are a bit depressed knowing that we have to go back to work on the 4th. As such, no one is probably reading this stuff and so I figured I’ll keep today’s entry short. Basically it’s a throw-away meta post that should have been titled something like: “What can you expect to read on Terminally Incoherent in 2010″. But I’m a lazy bum and I titled the post something else just to confuse you.
Here are some things I will be blogging about in the next few months:
- Video Games including:
- Dragon Age: Origins
- The Witcher
- Whatever else is in my queue (probably Borderlands)
- Mass Effect 2 when it comes out
- Not Modern Warfare
- I’m taking suggestions
- Movies – I have a queue of movies that I need to watch as well. Bunch of them are from this list. Others are new. And no, I haven’t seen Avatar yet. I also have few general movie rants sitting in my draft folder begging to be finished.
- TV – I wanted to mention a few decent series I discovered. Of course this will be limited since most TV sucks ass these days.
- Programming including:
- Developing apps for Blackberry with Java – I still have bunch of stuff to say about that, but the whole project is on the back burner due to my laziness
- LaTex – ok, not programming but I have few Tex related posts in there somewhere
- Doing some hacking in Google’s Go language is on my to-do list this year. You can probably expect a post or two on that
- Computers are Magical – more of this stuff. At one point I had an idea for a whole cycle but I neglected to write most of it down and now it’s in pieces. But I’ll definitely want to do few more silly pieces in which I can mock users for inventing tech-relate mythology to explain their own ineptitude
- Computer illiterate people suck! This is not a topic – it’s a fact. Also a recurring theme of this blog. So yeah…
Please note that most of the above is bullshit, since I’m notorious for writing whatever strikes my fancy at any given time and not giving shit about my self imposed goals. In fact, reading this blog will give you a pretty good idea what I was into at any given time. For me, looking back through the archives is like a walk down the memory lane. So I’ll pretty much continue doing that. The list you see above was basically composed by looking at my Drafts section and examining what games I’m looking forward to play this year.
How about you? What games are you planning to play in the next month or two? What movies are on your list? What hacking projects are you planing to work on? Please note that I’m not asking you about “new years resolutions” because resolutions are stupid. I want to talk about stuff you are excited about doing – not shit you will feel depressed about come February. Let’s face it – resolutions don’t actually have a chance to survive the clash with the bullshit that is reality.