Take this 10 question [tag]quiz[/tag] to see if you are a [tag]clueless[/tag] [tag]luser[/tag], or a [tag]hard-core[/tag] [tag]hacker[/tag]. Please note that this post is filed under humor which suggests that it should not be taken completely seriously.
- What is the best browser?
a. What is a browser? (-10)
b. Interner Explorer (-5)
c. Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and etc.. (+0)
d. Lynx, Links (+5)
e. Browsers are for pussies – I use wget and more (+10)
- What is the best email client?
a. What do you mean when you say “client”? (-10)
b. Outlook/Outlook Express (-5)
c. Thunderbird, Eudora, Pegasus Mail, Evolution and etc.. (+0)
d. Mutt, Pine (+5)
e. Who needs clients, I just telnet to port 110 (+10)
- What is the best OS?
a. What’s an OS? (-10)
b. Windows FTW! (-5)
c. OSX (+0)
d. Linux, BSD (+5)
e. Amiga OS (+10)
- What is the best text editor?
a. Word (-10)
b. Notepad (-5)
c. EditPlus, TextPad, Notepad2 and etc.. (+0)
d. Emacs, Vim, vi (+5)
e. Ed (+10)
- What is the best desktop environment?
a. What is who? (-10)
b. The one that comes with Vista (-5)
c. KDE, Gnome, etc.. (+0)
d. WindowMaker, IceWM, etc.. (+5)
e. I don’t even have X server installed (+10)
- What’s the programming language you excel at?
a. I can do links in HTML.. (-10)
b. Visual Basic (-5)
c. Java, C++, etc.. (+0)
d. Lisp, Prolog, etc.. (+5)
e. I only code in assembly (+10)
- Your favorite base?
a. Ace Of Base (-10)
b. Google Base (-5)
c. Base 10 naturally (+0)
d. Base 16 or base 2 (+5)
e. All your base are belong to us (+10)
- Your favorite shell?
a. You mean like sea shells? (-10)
b. cmd.exe (-5)
c. bash (+0)
d. csh (+5)
e. scsh (+10)
- You write your essays in:
a. You dictate them to your secretary (-10)
b. Word (-5)
c. Open Office (+0)
d. Emacs/Vi and compile using Latex (+5)
e. Emacs/Vi in postscript format (+10)
- What is your education level:
a. MBA (-10)
b. High School Diploma (-5)
c. College Degree (+0)
d. Masters Degree (excluding MBA) (+5)
Add up all your points, to get your final score. Compare it to the results listed after the jump.
- below -50: Manager. Should not be allowed near a computer without parental supervision.
- -50 to -10: Totally Clueless. Need to be [tag]LART[/tag]‘ed daily.
- -10 to 10: Somewhat clueful, and tech-competent individual.
- 10 to 50: Geeky and proud of it.
- 50 to 90: Totally [tag]1337[/tag]
- 90 or more: Hacker Guru, and a Jedi Master. Bow down to him.
So, what is your score?