Can we please put this flamebait to rest? It is not even amusing to argue about this anymore. I mean, it has come to the point that even Slashdot (of all places) feels apathetic towards this subject. This is not even beating a dead horse anymore. This is like beating a picture of a dead horse, because the body already decomposed, and disappeared from the face of the earth. Not only it’s no longer shocking, but it also makes you look desperate for attention.
I can tell you this: your inflammatory linux related troll can’t get a raise out of the slashdot then it’s pretty much used up. Even the most inexperienced of n00bs have already seen this flame war at least 300 times already. And the discussion on this subject is more than predictable at this point:
- If you don’t like the choices Linux offers, you can stay with Microsoft monoculture
- In Soviet Russia Linux chooses you
- Actually, there are only 4 or 5 distributions that can be considered major players, and the rest are either small specialized projects that cater to very specific niches of customers
- Please propose a solution to resolve this. Oh wait, there is no solution because this is a non-problem
- Hey, thanks for digging this one up again. I haven’t seen it in a while – as a matter of fact, it haven’t been reposted since last week. Good job!
- GTFO, old FUD is old
- Can we please finally put this flamebait to rest?
So yes, this post is a predictable response to a predictable FUD that gets regurgitated and re-ingested by every single Linux community every few weeks. It had to be said.
[tags]linux, distributions, linux distros, fud, flamebaid, troll, choices, repost, dupe[/tags]