What applications do you have open on your system right now. Just look at your task bar, and tell me what you have open. I’m interested to see what stuff people use on a daily basis.
My usual work setup is:
- Kmail – for work email
- Firefox – not just for wasting time mind you, see below
- Komodo Edit – for coding in PHP
- Few instances of Konsole – I have clever script that accesses our Employee Directory (a big excel sheet) on a mounted Windows share. (Yes, this stuff should be in a database or some groupware application but it isn’t and they like it that way. I lost that fight long ago. :P) I also have a script that accesses an encrypted password list that sits on my system.
- 1 or 2 Rdesktop sessions – connected to our WIMP server, and the File/Printer Server for monitoring them and etc
Almost every app sits on it’s own virtual desktop, so there is not much window juggling.
Within Firefox I usually have these tabs open:
- Google Reader
- My company’s issue tracking system
- Whatever website or application I’m currently working on
- Gmail notifier sitting in the status bar, letting me know if I got mail
- Adsense extension also in the status bar, showing me how much cash have I earned lately (not really crucial, but it’s rewarding to see the number creep up few cents every day)
What about you? What do you have open at the moment?
[tags]applications, kmail, komodo, rdesktop, google reader, twitter, gmail, opened aplications, running applications[/tags]